"Cheerfulness and contentment are great beautifiers and are famous preservers of youthful looks." -- Charles Dickens
Here are a few beauty tricks that will make you look younger than your age.
1. Keep your hair between your chin and your shoulders.
Side-swept bangs and hair no longer than your shoulders will take off years
The Most-Flattering Haircut on Everyone
*Shoulder-length is universally the most flattering length. Think about it: No matter how tall or short you are, no matter how fat or narrow your face is, no matter how frizzy or curly your locks, you will look good in shoulder-length hair.
Or want to keep it long but still looks younger?
*There is One Long Cut that's Universally Flattering
The 'v-cut' is long in the back and shorter along the sides. This cut works because the length is in the back and not around the face. Lip and chin-grazing layers on the side add to the sexy allure.
Small forehead? Consider bangs that start further back on the head and that are as long as possible.
Big forehead? Bangs are flattering because they cover up the 'IMAX' screen. Side-sweeping bangs are the most flattering look for you. According to 'Confessions,' bangs are flattering when they are longer at the temples than in the middle.
2. Wrong lipstick shades can age you
Another trick to looking younger is to steer clear of brown lipstick shades. Avoid matte lipstick as they tend to settle into your lip lines. Instead, try creamier lipsticks or glosses. (Glosses are especially youthful and make your lips appear bee-stung).
*Don't play up the eyes and the mouth Women who wear heavy eye makeup and dark lipstick can look clownish. If you want to wear red lipstick, keep the rest of your makeup light.
If you are playing up the eyes, keep your mouth light with a gloss or light lip color that doesn't stand out.
3. Stick to creamy blushes and shadows
Older skin usually means dry skin, so creamy blushes and shadows are your best bet. Also, powder blushes and shadows tend to settle into your fine lines and wrinkles, while creamier products "plump" up your skin.
4. Define those eyes
Curled lashes immediately make eyes "pop." One tip I love I learned from the editors of Allure: You can curl your lashes AFTER mascara application, just make sure the mascara has dried. I find lining my eyes helps make my somewhat tiny eyes look 10 times larger.
In my case I rarely leave the house wearing mascara, instead I’m just using an eye liner to make my eyes looks larger and contact lenses. If there’s an occasion or during night out’s I use false eyelashes.
5. Don't overpluck
Once you hit your 30s, you'll want to be careful not to overpluck your eyebrows since brows are less apt to grow back if you excessively pluck.
* The worst thing one can do is overpluck. Well, not the worst. But be careful because once plucked, your eyebrows can take months to eventually grow back. Until that happens, fill in bare spots with a brow powder or pencil. Use light, feathery strokes to create a realistic look, rather then drawing a line. Set the color with brow gel.
1. Find a pencil color that matches your brows as closely as possible.
2. Don't have a pencil on hand? Try an eyeshadow that matches your brows, you can fill in color with shadow, although it may not look as realistic.
3. Pick up gel brow at any drugstore. No need to spend a lot of cash on this product.
4. Keep brows in place with a spritz of hairspray applied to finger or a toothbrush. Brush brows in place.
5. Next time, get brows professionally tweezed, waxed or threaded (my personal favorite). Follow the "map" created by the professional with a pair of tweezers in between salon visits. This will help keep you from overplucking again.
6. Try teeth whitening Over time, teeth may yellow from coffee, tea or red wine stains. You can whiten teeth quickly with over-the-counter products such as Crest Whitestrips.
7. Stand up straight. Think about all the sexy women you know. They stand up straight and confidently. Not only will this make you look ten pounds thinner in seconds, it will make you look five years younger as well.
8. Get a good night's sleep Few things age you overnight more than a poor night's sleep. Your eyes are puffy, your skin sallow and dull and your face sags.
Thank you for reading, I hope you like it.