Total Pageviews

Monday, October 17, 2011

AN INTERVIEW with a PLUS SIZE BARBIE by ERZULLIE

Hey Lovelies,


I just want to share with you my answers during an interview by my favorite plus size brand. The questions are mainly about my experiences as a plus size and how I deal with it.
I also attached the link to their blog,  I hope you like my answers. ^_^

Thank you!

xoxo

BarbieJhaki

ERZULLIE ICONS UNDRESS! JHAKI DAVID ON HOW HER CURVES EMPOWER HER

SEPTEMBER 28, 2011
11:17 PM


"I love myself more than ever... I AM PROUD TO BE PART OF ERZULLIE
to inspire other plus size women."
- Jhaki David, Erzullie Icon, on what Erzullie is all about


"On the day of the interview, I saw this beautiful, hot and sexy plus size woman. I was praying to the Divine that she'd be one of the girls that I will be interviewing. If not, I am going to approach her anyway. Thankfully... she was one! She looked so different in the photos that she sent. Although she looked heavenly in the photos, she was sultrier in personal. It was that magnetism and charisma that made her perfect for the Holiday 2011 collection. The theme was Girls Night Out and usually, that is where all the girls are so undeniably sexy in their own right. Jhaki (David) was that. She's sexy and she knows it. It's a good thing we knew it too. Getting her as an Erzullie Icon really propelled the brand to the next level." 

--- Aries De Guzman, Owner/Designer of Erzullie, on the day that she saw Jhaki

1. Name, Age and Erzullie Size 

Jhaki David- Calanoc
Age: 28
Erzullie size:  2L

2. Current Occupation: 


Sr. Account Executive/ Business Unit Head

3. Favorite Erzullie Icon and why:

Are you and Berna included sa choices? hehe

If yes, well both of you are my favorites because aside from being creative, confident and professionals.
I love how you treat other people with kindness.

4. What's your journey as a plus size woman? How did you come into terms with your body?

I was always on the chubby side since I was a little girl. I also went through the bullying stage from others and being insecure of being fat plus I also suffered from anorexia nervosa and iron deficiency anemia during my teens.

Luckily,  I am blessed with a partner, a family and best friends  that believes in me and supports my dreams, they are the ultimate source of both inspiration and confidence. And as my perspective grows I decided to accept myself and embrace my curves.

Instead of letting them put  a good spirit down, I look at the brighter side of things with the help of positive attitude.

I love feeling good, taking care of myself and wearing what I want.

5. Why did you apply as an Erzullie Icon? What happened? (Tell us  briefly, the story form application to acceptance)

I never thought that I will have a chance to be an Icon however when I was younger my grandma predicted that someday I will be a model.

But, I knew that it was far from happening since models here in Philippines as often thin.

Until a rare opportunity presented itself, Erzullie is searching for a new Icon and a plus size model. I took advantage of the opportunity and out of the hundreds of applicants I was picked.

6. When you were selected, what were your thoughts?

I love myself more than ever and I have no regrets about the weight issues as I see it as a blessing as long as you keep your curves in right places and to stay healthy.

On the other hand, in my opinion Erzullie is one of the most amazing brands that supports diversity in the Philippines.

I am proud to be part of Erzullie and to inspire other plus size women to be confident and believe in themselves.


ERZULLIE ICON, JHAKI DAVID, UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL

7. You were also working with a new Icon, Khriselda, how is it working with her? Why do you think she deserve to be an Erzullie Icon?

She's lovely plus she also has her own unique qualities that an Icon should have.
 I'm glad because aside from the experience and opportunity I also gained a new friend.

8. You have also worked with Marian Beltran, Erzullie Icon Resort 2011, How was it working with her? 

It was a pleasure working with her, Marian is approachable, smart and professional.

9. During the shoot, what were the obstacles that you have faced? How did you overcome them? Did you feel insecure with the other Icons around you?

I didn't feel any insecurities towards my co-Icons. Because I believe that Erzullie has chosen women with different qualities and each has unique personality. I had fun and I really enjoyed the photo shoot. I can't wait to work with them again one of these days.

10. You are a blogger right? Can you tell us something briefly about it? 

My blog is barbiejhaki.blogspot.com and I started it last March 2011.

I named it Barbie Jhaki because I want to change many people’s perception that you should look as artificial as a Barbie doll before you can be fashionable, beautiful and feel good about yourself.

This is my campaign for a change about the standards of beauty and the images of allegedly perfect bodies.

The ideal women should have a well balance life with family, friends and a career to have a healthy, worthy and happy life.
I would love to inspire others that a real woman has her own individual shape and should embrace her curves.

11. Any message to all the plus size women out there?

Perfection isn't fixed and diversity is beautiful. Keep in mind that everyone is unique and all of us still have room for improvements.

I believe that God blessed me with a full figured body and large structured bones for a reason and that's my inspiration to love myself.

I looked at the physical differences on a broader spectrum, that sizes must not limit you from reaching the dream and it doesn't make you any less to anybody. Keep your spirit up, be kind to others, accept and love yourself.
JHAKI DAVID, NOT YOUR ORDINARY BARBIE

ERZULLIE -- Fierce Curves!: ERZULLIE ICONS UNDRESS! JHAKI DAVID ON HOW HER CUR...: SEPTEMBER 28, 2011 11:17 PM "I love myself more than ever... I AM PROUD TO BE PART OF ERZULLIE to inspire other plus size women." - Jha...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...